Porters work with the service and sales departments moving vehicles around the dealership lot and retrieving vehicles for customers when service is complete.
Porter duties include:
- Preparing vehicles to be serviced by putting down mats and plastic to protect interiors, making key tags and driving vehicles from the service lanes to the service stalls.
- Moving vehicles not currently being serviced and keeping an orderly area so that vehicles can be easily found and moved.
- Keeping the sales, service drop-off area, and other areas clean and free of debris.
- Retrieving newly-serviced vehicles for customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management
A driver’s license as well as a clean driving record is necessary for this position. Porters must be able to operate a standard shift and must be neat and courteous to customers.
People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Gulf Coast Family of Dealerships located in Angleton, Texas is proud to be one of the premier Auto Parks in the Houston Metro area. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you’ll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. We strive to make your career with Gulf Coast a good one – until retirement. The Gulf Coast Family of Dealerships is looking for candidates whose work ethics incorporate a demonstrated commitment to excellence and a desire to be the best.